The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation was founded by the Governors of the 19 northern states of Nigeria in cooperation with the associates, friends, admirers and well-wishers of the late Sir Ahmadu Bello, KBE, the Sardauna of Sokoto and Premier of the former northern region. The Foundation was established to foster the legacy of leadership and good governance bequeathed by Sir Ahmadu Bello for the human and economic development of northern Nigeria.
The Foundation is a hybrid grant making, grant receiving, not-for-profit and non-governmental organisation, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. Its office is located in Kaduna, former capital of the northern region and currently capital of Kaduna State, in the north central geopolitical zone of Nigeria.
The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation is conceived to be an intervention agency that will conceptualise and execute programmes directly, partnering with other non-profit organisations or collaborating with special interests that share the same or similar objectives with it in realizing their set goals and objectives which should be within the general framework for economic and human development.
Only Candidate who are admitted into Science and Technology Courses into Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Offer of admission into a full time degree or HND programme in public university or polytechnic.
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student.
- Credit in 5 “O’ level papers including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
- Must be indigenes of any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria (Evidence of state of origin will be required).
- Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry in to the university or polytechnic.
- A letter of reference from the community leader.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should register send there personal information by filling the scholarship registration form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following:
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches by 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin
- JAMB Examination Result
- Original copy of Admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fess of payment and faculty / departmental registration
- Valid student Identification Card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary examination result(s)
- A letter of reference from a community leader in the Applicant’s LGA
- Applicant should download “Form B” for parent/guardian to fill in and upload it in supporting document in “Form A“
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
- Incomplete application will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
- Name of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarship under other schemes will not be considered