An important element of Sahara Group HR Strategy is to support Sahara Group’s Strategy on sustainability by developing leadership and management capacity throughout the organization.
A “Graduate Management Talent” would work on various projects within the operating companies of the Group. The assignments are generally dynamic and aim to test the creativity business savvy and quick thinking ability of the talent; with many of the projects carried out in teams. Each individual will receive both coaching and supervision during the course of the programme. This way, you get to know not only the Sahara Group and its core fields of activity and people, but also yourself. The possibilities are endless!!!
The goal of this “Graduate Management Talent” programme is to develop high-value individuals in a cross-cultural environment with a focus on Energy, and Infrastructure.
A high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and pro-active approach to achieve both business objectives and personal success is required in order to succeed as a Graduate Management Talent. Conceptual and innovative thinking informing an analytical approach to complex problems and ability to identify, through comprehension of the ‘bigger picture’ to give practical options and solutions.
Following the initial intense training programme, Trainees will be appointed to roles within the Group and will be expected to deliver all the job expectations for that position with possibility of rotation. They will receive ‘on the job’ training and their performance monitoring will include the setting of performance objectives against which their performance will be monitored.
Throughout this programme, they will be supervised by a Talent Manager from our Talent Management department.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Other than English, at least one foreign international language would be an added advantage.
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- University degree in a reputable University (Minimum Second Class Upper)
- 0-2 years post-NYSC Experience
- Maximum age of 25 years by December 2017
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment.
- Candidate must be an effective communicator with ability to connect with people at all levels.
- Candidate must be hardworking and one who thinks “out of the box”
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with a proactive approach to work.
- Candidate must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Candidate should have poise & finesse.
- Candidate must be assertive.
- Board of Directors
- Managing Directors
- Group Human Resources
- Line Manager
- All staff
Please note that eligible applicants can only apply for one program. Multiple applications will be deemed ineligible.