ScaleUp Lab by FATE Foundation is a unique Accelerator Programme aimed at providing targeted support to growth stage high-potential ventures within the targeted growth sectors of the Nigerian economy namely:
- Agribusiness Accelerator Programme
- Creatives Ventures Accelerator Programme (Coming soon)
- Edu-business Accelerator Programme (Coming soon)
- Health Ventures Accelerator Programme (Coming soon)
The Agribusiness Accelerator Programme targets outstanding Nigerian agribusiness entrepreneurs whose businesses are currently at growth stage (2-4 years) and who are looking to scale their business expand their market reach and attract potential investors and strategic partners.
Programme duration is 4-6 months and includes a one-week accelerator bootcamp, interactive workshops, consulting sessions, business support services, one-on-one and group mentoring sessions with a team of seasoned sector faculty members and advisors.
The Agribusiness Accelerator Programme is implemented by FATE Foundation
Key focus areas:
- Input Supply
- Animal and/or Crop Production
- Logistics and Distribution
- Trading and Retailing
Start of Programme: The Agribusiness Accelerator Programme will commence in May 2018 with an induction session and an intensive one-week accelerator bootcamp in Lagos. This will be followed by a detailed GAP Analysis to help each entrepreneur develop an individual growth plan and tailored roadmap that addresses the needs of the business to scale.
Programme Sessions: The sessions are designed for capacity building through workshop and coaching sessions, peer learning and feedback, one-to-one mentoring and a tailored follow-up on each company’s progress. Entrepreneurs will have opportunities to meet and interact with several entities including partners, mentors, investors, and experienced entrepreneurs. Finally, a demo-day will be held at the end of the workshop sessions for business showcase and pitching to key funding partners.
End of Programme: The programme will close out with presentation of certificates at the FATE Annual Celebration on Thursday, December 6th, 2018.
Application opens on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 and closes at 5:00pm WAT on Friday, April 20, 2018.
Applicant must be
- A Nigerian citizen (male or female)
- Between ages 21-35 as at April 30th, 2018
- An entrepreneur operating in the agribusiness sector
- A CAC registered business in growth stage (Only one participant per business will be accepted)
- Available to participate FULL-TIME in the one-week bootcamp in Lagos between (Monday, May 21, 2018 – Saturday, May 26, 2018) and ALL other activities required throughout the duration of the programme.
- Able to cover all personal, transportation or communication costs.
- Call for Application
- Shortlisting & Enrolment of 10 Agribusiness Entrepreneurs
- Agribusiness Bootcamp
- Gap Assessment:
- Product/Service Development and Scale
- Operational Capacity Improvement
- Access to Market
- Access to Finance
- Develop Growth Plan of Individual Participants
- Implementation of Accelerator Support in line with Growth Plan
- Demo Day & Business Pitch Competition
- Graduation of Fellows