The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Application Deadline: 28th May, 2017.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: Postgraduate Research Internship for University Students
Duration:12 months (non-renewable).
- The Postgraduate Research Internship programme (which is different from the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) is aimed at providing opportunities for talented Nigerians to gain work experience and carry out topical research within Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN).
- Environment (Environmental Monitoring, Remediation, and Impact Assessment, Carbon / GHG Management).
- Occupational Health (Industrial Hygiene)
- Open primarily to talented Nigerian postgraduate students currently enrolled in Nigerian universities, but in exceptional cases, Nigerians studying abroad could be considered.
- Master’s degree students must be under 30 years by January 2nd, 2018 and PhD students should be under 35 years by January 2nd, 2018 to qualify.
- The programme also offers internship opportunity at the Port Harcourt Library for the following disciplines: Marketing, MBA, Economics.
Title: 2017/2018 Sabbatical Attachment for University Lectures
Duration: 12 months (non renewable)
- The sabbatical programme offers University lecturers an opportunity to undertake research that would contribute to Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN), while offering them avenues to acquire industry-related experience.
- The programme also offers opportunities for lectureship at the Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Benin in the following disciplines: Petroleum Geology, Geophysics and, Petroleum Engineering.
- Environment (Environmental Monitoring, Restoration, Biodiversity and Impact Management);
- Social Performance (Social Impact Assessment and Management)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics & Public Health.
- Senior lecturers and above (Candidates who will be over 60 years by January 2, 2018 need not apply).
- Applications from persons who have previously participated in the Programme will not be considered.
How to Apply
Applications from candidates should consist of:
- An application letter
- A curriculum vitae including applicant’s contact phone number, email address, as well as contact information of three referees, and
- A titled, 3-page summary of candidate’s postgraduate research programme including: Study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and expected outcome
- Selection will be based on postgraduate programmes/ proposals that are pertinent to SEPCiN business objectives and only students with the highest potential will pass screening.
All documents should be mailed to: email@example.com and copy SPDC-University-Relations@shell.com