For 2017, the 55th session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD55) has selected the following priority theme: “Strategies for the eradication of poverty to achieve sustainable development for all”. As part of its activities for CSocD55, the UNDESA’s Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD) is hosting a photo exhibition at United Nations Headquarters in New York City from 1-10 February 2017, during the Commission. Photos selected for the exhibition will be viewed by the many visitors to the UN, including government officials, experts, and NGO representatives during this important event, and will be included in an online exhibition brochure distributed to key partners and stakeholders.
Call for Photo and Story Submissions
DSPD is accepting submissions for photos for its photography exhibition on poverty eradication at United Nations Headquarters in New York from 1 to 10 February 2017.
The deadline for submissions is now 5 December 2016.
Photos must meet the following requirements:
- Visually depict a strategy/policy/practice for the eradication of poverty to achieve sustainable development for all in relation to the following categories:
- Ageing – Older Persons
- Persons with disabilities
- Indigenous peoples
- Must include a human interest story associated with the photo that explains the context of the photo and details how the innovative strategy/policy/practice eradicated poverty and achieved inclusive sustainable development (must be 300 words or less)
- Have a minimum size of 3600 x 5400 pixels (180 ppi) or 6000 x 9000 pixels (300 ppi – recommended), as photos will be printed in large format; and
- Be submitted as a JPEG, with sRGB colour space and 8-bit colour depth.
All photos must be accompanied by the photographer’s name, surname, country, and email; the title, date and location of the photograph.
Photos must be in colour.
In submitting photographs, applicants agree that they have the rights to the image and its distribution. DSPD will not use any artist’s work without his or her written permission.
A jury comprised of DSPD focal points will select up to 8 photos for the exhibition. Applicants will be notified of the selected photos by 19 December 2016.
How to Submit
You can submit up to three photos online here. (recommended)
You can also send your photos as an attachment or as a Google Drive or Dropbox file link to DSPD Civil Society and Outreach Unit, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: CsocD55 Photo Exhibition.