The National Film & Video Foundation (NFVF) is a statutory body mandated to spearhead the equitable growth and development of the SA film and video industry.
The NFVF’s bursary programme is aimed at building capacity by upskilling film and television professionals for global competitiveness, through its support of qualifying applicants for overseas studies which are not offered in South African tertiary institutions. Live performance or acting programmes are excluded.
This bursary will be awarded for the 2017 academic year with a cap of R250 000 inclusive of tuition and living expenses.
The applicant must:
– Apply six months before the course starts.
– Be a South African citizen;
– Have a good academic record;
– Demonstrate a need for a financial assistance; and
– Be enrolled at an accredited overseas tertiary institution for full-time studies; post graduate film/TV programme (course must commence in September 2017 and not be available in South Africa).
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed motivation explaining why the applicant should be awarded a bursary together with all the supporting documents as indicated in the online application form.
– Failure to provide all requested information will lead to an automatic disqualification of the application.
– No late applications will be considered.
– Should there be a change of contact details the onus is on the applicant to notify NFVF.
For further information, consult the NFVF Funding Policy.
How to apply:
Complete an online international bursary application form which is available here.
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2017 at 17h00 CAT.
For any queries regarding the application process email Thandekile Hlatshwayo at Thandekiles@nfvf.co.za and for queries regarding the qualifying criteria, email Lebohang Khunou at email@example.com or call 011 483 0880.