MEST calls all aspiring African Tech Entrepreneurs!
MEST offer fully-sponsored, intensive, one year tech entrepreneurship training + $50-$100K seed funding to launch your startup right after!
Every year, aspiring entrepreneurs with a strong interest in technology and entrepreneurship from across Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and Cote D’ivoire apply and compete for only 60 open spots for one of the world’s top startup training and Incubator Programs- MEST.
Since MEST’s inception, we have invested over $20million in training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and 25+ high technology companies across Africa. Our entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local and global markets, received outside follow-on funding from global investors, and gained admittance to top accelerator programs such as Y-Combinator, 500 Startups and TechStars.
Admissions Timeline – Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Cote D’ivoire
1) Application Period
All year round
2) In-person Interviews
Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Cote D’ivoire : June each year
3) Offers Sent Out
By end of July each year
4) Training Starts
September each year
What MEST Offers
- A 12 month fully sponsored world class training in global commercial software development
- Access to seed funding for your startup upon the completion of the 12 month program
- Substantial hands on training in software development
- A unique opportunity to launch and grow your tech company with access to global markets
- Mentoring and coaching from executives in a variety of global software companies
- Significant personal and professional growth and exciting career potential
- Numerous chances to solve real life business problems with innovative solutions
- Housing, monthly stipend, tuition and meals all covered by MEST.
- Round trip tickets to & from Ghana
- Incubation facilities & $50-100K Seed fund for your startup
- Applicants must have a deep passion to start a software company
- Have entrepreneurial and or corporate work experience
- Can commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the training program starting September 2017
- A completely-filled online questionnaire
- Applicants from Nigeria must have completed their NYSC
Qualities MEST Look For
- A desire to make a difference
- A strong interest in technology and software
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self motivation, as well as the ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- Strong interest in teamwork
- The ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Proven academic excellence
The MEST Training Program
Begin the process of applying to become an Entrepreneur-in-Training (EIT) at MEST by following the steps below:
- First, take the Discover MEST Test
- Then complete the Application Form
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to take the Aptitude Test
- Successful candidates are invited for the telephone interview
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for in-person group interview
- Finalists are invited for an in-person one-on-one interview
Apply to MEST
Interested in applying to MEST? Take the Discover MEST test to find out if MEST is a good fit for you. PS: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.