Open to: students from outside the EU/EEA
Scholarship: include living expenses, insurances, visa cost and tuition fees will be covered
Maastricht University (UM) is accepting applications for Holland High Potential Scholarships. These scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s or a professional education programme at Maastricht University.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with more than 16,000 students and 4,000 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Candidates must meet the following requirements
- Students come from a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands;
- Students are applying for a full-time master’s programme at Maastricht University;
- Students meet the specific admission requirements of Maastricht University;
- Students have never studied at an education institution in the Netherlands;
- Students are not over 35 years of age at the start of the 2017/18 academic year;
- Students obtained excellent results during their prior education programmes, as demonstrated by their latest grade transcript. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose transcript(s) demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2017/18 scholarship programme applicants.
The following scholarship will be awarded to selected student
- Living expenses: 10,500 Euro (Paid to students by the Scholarship Office)
- Insurances: 520 Euros (Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office)
- Visa costs: 311 Euros (Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office)
- Tuition fees: Euros 13,000 or Euros 17,500 (Arranged for and paid by the Scholarship Office)
How to Apply ?
Step 1: Register for a Master’s Programme (MA) at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for an MA at UM, please see your prospective MA programme’s webpage. Once you are accepted to your MA programme, you will receive a student ID number. With this number, you can login in MyUM. Don’t forget to add “i” before your student ID number when logging in (i.e. i123456).
Step2: Please fill out, print, sign, and scan the completed application form to an electronic device of your choosing.
Step 3: Sign in to your MyUM account (don’t forget to add “i” before your student ID number when logging in (i.e. i123456)). In MyUm, please select document type “Apply for scholarship.” Under “My Study,” you can then upload the necessary documents, including the scan of your completed application form. Only complete forms will be taken into consideration, so please fill out all fields in the form!
Deadline: 1 February 2017