Education is a powerful tool available to fight global poverty. Unfortunately, millions of young people are deprived of the access to quality education owing to cost of enrolment or tuition, resulting in frustration and by extension, illiterate and an uninformed society.
Fortunately, Moral Re-Armament/Initiatives of Change, Nigeria, is stepping forward to bring hope and alleviate their related hardship in this regard by providing grants aimed at giving hope to the dreams of brilliant, intelligent indigent Nigerians. This grant will support deserving qualified students in the realization of their potential.
The MEG programme is an initiative of MRA/IofC Nigeria to educate and develop next-generation leaders who will be forged to create solutions to the challenges facing Nigeria. The initiative empowers Nigerian youths from economically and financially disadvantaged homes to have access to quality education as their peers and make successful transition to further education or to the labour market.
MEG is open to matriculated full-time University/College applicants and secondary students who are residents and citizens of Nigeria. This programme aims to support academically qualified, yet economically and financially disadvantaged students in Nigeria.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
The grant is open to all qualified indigent students of Nigerian origin. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of self-discovery, intellectual ability, leadership qualities and a desire to invest knowledge in contributing to societal growth, serve their community, educational qualifications and ability to apply their knowledge to improve their lives and those of others.
Are you an undergraduate student in a Nigerian University? If so, you are eligible to apply for the MRA Education Grant Programme.
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License), Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full-name
- Course Title
- Level of study
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter from their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
Are you a secondary school student of Nigerian origin? Then you are qualified to apply for this grant.
- Complete online application
- Birth certificate
- Official letter from your school confirming your studentship
- Your full name
- Department of study
- Previous results of examinations
- Valid student ID
- A passport photograph.
- Guardian/Parents consent form