Developers In Vogue is offering an exciting opportunity to 20 young ladies to learn how to build innovative software at our Coding Boot Camp. The 2017 boot camp holds this Summer (1st June to 29th July) in Accra, Ghana. The sessions are a combination of on-site, online and group projects. Participants are expected to complete all course modules before graduating to the next stage.
We are currently able to accept applications from only Ghana. Applicants are not required to have a prior knowledge of coding before sending their applications.
We are interested in you if:
1. You are a lady who is at least 16 years old.
2. You are able to commit at least 20 hours per week for course work (10 hours on-site and 10 hours online) from 1st June to 29th July. After the boot camp however, there will be two on-site meetings per month.
3. You are able to commit to completing all activities including participating in group work, submitting assignments and building a website for a non-profit or social cause.
4. You are interested in applying the skills you have learnt during sessions either through freelancing, working in or starting a Tech firm.
5. You are able to bring a laptop for all on-site sessions.
The benefits of being a part of this initiative are endless. We are creating a community of top female talent who will revolutionize the African continent using Technology.
Some of the benefits include:
1. Equipping you with the knowledge and skills to be a top-notch developer.
2. Access to a community of inspiring ladies who can collaborate with you on future projects.
3. One-on-one mentorship by industry experts.
4. Access to our online learning portal which is loaded with a lot of resources.
5. Career support services including how to ace a technical interview, how to start a Tech company, etc.
6. Further training in web, mobile apps and custom software development. Those interested in data science can have further training in data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
7. Complementary courses including graphic design, search engine optimization and social media marketing.
8. Opportunity to earn money through freelancing, internship, remote or full-time jobs in Tech firms.
9. Diversifying your portfolio which will be a great addition to your CV.
10. Improving soft skills like presentation, project management, team work and critical thinking.