Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Burundi.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region – and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
We are seeking to recruit Entry Level Associates to join our dynamic professional staff in Kenya within our Audit Function.
Job duties will include:
- Learning and applying Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments.
- Ensuring assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets.
- Ensuring availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally.
- Keeping abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a local or international university in any discipline – Second Upper or its equivalent
- Graduated in the current year (2017) or in the preceding year (2016)
- Qualification or pursuing qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
- Minimum KCSE Overall grade B+ with B+ in Mathematics and B+ English or GCSE Overall grade A with A in Mathematics and A in English
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills
Compensation package: To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
Training and development: Consistent with Deloitte Global Firm initiatives, we offer innovative, market-driven learning programs to develop our people and grow their careers.
Closing Date: 31 March 2017
We know grades aren’t the be-all and end-all; we’re just as interested in your creative thinking and how you tackle a challenge. But we also know you worked hard to get those qualifications and they’re a measure of your dedication. You’ll need to check you meet our minimum requirements before you apply.
The grades you need are minimum grades; if you did even better, you should still apply
All applicants please note
Professional Services (Audit, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax Consulting)
|KCSE||GCSEs||Expected degree result|
|Overall, grade B+
Mathematics, grade B+
|Overall, grade A
Mathematics, grade A
|Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or its equivalent|
- Bachelor’s degree from a local or international university in any discipline
- Graduated in current recruitment year (2017) or graduated in the preceding year (2016).
- Qualification or pursuing qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Your step-by-step guide
We want to make your journey here as rewarding as the destination. Here’s everything you need to know about choosing and applying for the right opportunity at Deloitte.
Our application form is simple to complete. All you’ll need to share are:
- a few personal details
- your academic qualifications (to make sure you meet our initial criteria)
- So you’ll need all this to hand before you begin, including your grades and awarding bodies
From clicking ‘submit form’ to getting that job offer we try to make it as easy and as quick as possible to start your career with us.
Application form review
Once you’ve submitted your form online, we’ll be in contact to let you know if we have received your application.
Online aptitude tests
Next comes our online numeracy and critical reasoning tests.
At this stage, you will get to interact with your fellow applicants as you go through a series of behavioural assessments.
Successful candidates will be invited to a competency interview at the office.
This is where you get to meet senior members of staff and show them what you’re made of. You’ll also get to meet colleagues and get a feel for the place you’ll work.
If we like you – and you like us – we’ll offer you a job. Welcome to Deloitte.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.
In Kenya, the services are provided by Deloitte East Africa. Deloitte East Africa is the DTTL member firm in Kenya.
Requisition code: EAK-131786-JMW