Growing a business is hard. What’s even harder? Growing your business alone.
- Are you looking to take your beauty business to the next level?
- Do you want to improve your strategy and management skills?
- Do you want to meet beauty industry stakeholders?
- Are you looking to connect with international investors and win $5000 to invest in your business?
If your response is YASSSSSSSSSSS to all of these questions, then the Dark and Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator is the opportunity for you.
We want to help you bring your beauty business from basic….….to Beyonce.
About The Dark and Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator
The Dark and Lovely x SLA Beauty Accelerator is a 10 week entrepreneurship development program to support early stage entrepreneurs who are building businesses in the beauty industry.
Five entrepreneurs will participate in an intensive program which includes a boot camp in Johannesburg, South Africa and access to business coaches with experience in the skills entrepreneurs need to succeed.
Entrepreneurs in the program will focus on business strategy, growth marketing, finance and branding. If selected, you’ll receive intensive support from the SLA team, Dark and Lovely team and industry experts. The program will end with an opportunity to pitch your business to investors and stakeholders in the beauty industry for a chance to win cash to support your growth.
What types of businesses should apply?
We’re looking for creative businesses all across the beauty industry such as:
- Media: Platforms that make it easier for women to learn beauty techniques, discover new styles and connect with customers
- Products: Physical products that enhance the beauty process
- Technology: Software and services that support the beauty industry
- Retail: Platforms that simplify the buying process for consumers
- And many more…..
- Business based in Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria or South Africa
- Business must have at least one woman aged 18-35 as a founder or owner
- Business has been in operation for less than 3 years
- Business has received no more than $50,000 in external investment
- Business is within the beauty industry