The CcHUB Diaspora challenge aims to engage scientists, entrepreneurs and innovators from the diaspora community in the UK to source scalable business solutions to social challenges in Africa, thus not only providing financial remittance but also social remittance.
The closing date for submissions is Friday June 30th.
CcHub is seeking business ideas that make an impact in these 3 critical sectors:
- Education – How might we harness the potential of technology to bridge the education gap and unlock the potential of the young people of Africa?
- FinTech – How might we connect the unserved & underserved population in Africa to affordable financial services using readily available technology?
- Energy – How might we use technology to effectively distribute clean and affordable energy to homes & industries across Africa?
To validate your idea, you need to answer these questions:
- Does your idea solve a clear problem/issue that affects a large number of people in Africa?
- Does the idea improve on an existing process/solution or is it completely new i.e. hasn’t been done locally?
- Have you taken the time to research the problem/issue and have a clear picture of the target segment it affects?
- Do you have (or have access to) the skills to implement your proposed solution?
- Does your solution leverage digital technology (web or mobile) for its execution?
All these must be crystal clear to you before you participate in Cc Hub’s diaspora challenge.
If you are a member of the diaspora community and you believe you have the skills to build solutions to Africa’s problem in these key sectors, you can submit your idea now.
For more information, kindly visit the official website HERE.