SESEWA is the foremost internship placement organization in Nigeria with a goal of tackling unemployment by providing opportunities for young people- secondary school leavers, undergraduates and fresh graduates- to acquire practical skills needed for employability in the 21st century. We achieve this by providing internship, job shadowing, volunteer and apprenticeship opportunities for young people.
In our experience, we have had many talents take up internships in roles they were very certain was their dream job, only to realize after a few weeks that they are not cut out for a career in that field. This is because they have not had any experience or exposure to the operations of that field. This is what informed our decision to launch the SESEWA Job Shadowing Program last year.
Application Deadline : October 16, 2016
Participants get the opportunity to:
- Obtain a reasonable perspective of a career field thereby easing career decision making
- Explore needed job skills for chosen career
- Gain professional knowledge in order to gauge or estimate fit for a profession
- Make new connections/network
- Likely find a mentor/model
- Possibly transition into an intern
- Obtain a certificate of participation bearing the signage of SESEWA and the US Embassy
Applicants for the SESEWA Job Shadowing Program must be;
- Be between the ages of 16 and 28
- Either Secondary School Leavers (those awaiting admission into a tertiary institution), Undergraduates or Fresh graduates (graduate of a tertiary institution awaiting NYSC, currently serving or recently concluded NYSC)
- a resident of Lagos state, Nigeria
- Serious about gaining industry knowledge in chosen career field