Throughout Africa, Johnson & Johnson are looking to drive entrepreneurship and help advance promising consumer healthcare solutions. Chosen applicants will receive a combination of awards including funding up to US $100,000, potential lab space in Africa and/or business and technical mentoring from some of the brightest minds at Johnson & Johnson to help bring their idea to life and create meaningful change in their community or country.
You could receive up to US $100,000 in funding
- Potential access to lab space in Africa
- Ongoing mentorship
Deadline to apply is January 17th, 2017.
Apply to one or more of the consumer health care categories today:
- Promoting Early Child Development & Maternal Health: Improving maternal health helps nurture happy, healthy babies and generates positive child development. We are looking for non-pharmaceutical product or technology solutions that will help ensure women and newborns in Africa stay healthy during pregnancy, childbirth and throughout child development stages.
- Empowering Young Girls: Access to good education and basic needs such as feminine care products is important to make sure young girls across Africa realize their full potential. We are looking for consumer product, technology and educational innovations that address these needs, making a brighter future possible for young women.
- Improving Family Well-being: Families need reliable health care information, access to health care professionals and effective everyday products in order to thrive. We are searching for innovative technology-driven solutions that help promote access to health care knowledge, advice and products to enhance the well-being of consumers in Africa.
Learn more about the application process
The submitted consumer health care solutions will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- Idea submission addresses at least one of the three challenge categories:
1) Promoting Early Child Development & Maternal Health in Africa,
2) Empowering Young Girls in Africa,
3) Improving Family Well-being in Africa
- Idea submission is innovative and creative
- Idea submission is scalable
- Idea submission outlines how the award would help them reach a critical milestone within the timeframe of a single year and provides a full commercialization plan
You have to sign up for an account to get started, and you will receive an email to activate your account. You will be guided through the application process which will include signing our general Terms and Conditions Agreement, filling out your application form and uploading your non-confidential project plan.
Winners will be announced by the end of February 2017.
Apply today and submit your ground-breaking consumer health care idea that can make a difference in Africa.