AFRIKA KOMMT! is an initiative of leading German enterprises for future leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa. The fellowship program aims at highly qualified young professionals and junior executives from countries in Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of work experience, strong leadership qualities and a high level of commitment and dedication.
Heart of the program is an eight-month internship in Germany, allowing the participants:
– to gain first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
– to be exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
– to become acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
– to extend their international management competencies
– to initiate networks of cooperation between Sub-Saharan Africa and German companies.
Application deadline is 3rd of February, 2017
Candidates need to fulfil the following formal eligibility requirements:
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles below);
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage;
- Two to five years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage;
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit;
- Female candidates are welcome.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program aims at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Besides the specific technical expertise relevant to the partner company, the program requires candidates to have the following set of general skills and attributes:
Language and communication skills:
- Excellent English skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High willingness to learn German
- High leadership potential
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
- High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation
- Strong capacity for teamwork
- High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and resilience
- Outstanding intercultural competencies
- Ability to adapt to new environments quickly
The AFRIKA KOMMT! fellowship program includes: Language course
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany
- An intensive German language course in Germany of three months including fees, accommodation and living allowance Travelling expenses – Flights, Visa, etc.
- Roundtrip airfare from your hometown to Germany and back
- Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase Monthly living allowance of 750 EUR,- (August, September and October 2017; July 2018) One-off relocation fee of 1.000 EUR for settling back into the home countries
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. 1.500 EUR- gross Important note: The monthly allowance of 750 EUR,- and the salary ensures an adequate standard of living in Germany.
KOMMT! is a practice-oriented fellowship program. Fellows will receive two certificates. One official certificate by the Academy for International Cooperation of GIZ GmbH upon successful completion of the program with a detailed description of the specific contents and components of the training and one official certificate by the partner company upon successful completion of the internship
How to Apply
Four steps to apply If you want to apply for the sixth AFRIKA KOMMT! intake from 2016-2018, please make sure you follow the four steps listed below:
- Step 1: Check the general candidate requirements – do you fit the criteria?
- Step 2: Check the available placements and required profiles of the sixth intake of AFRIKA KOMMT! 2016-2018 – Please remember you are applying for the program in general, not for a specific placement
- Step 3: Visit their website and fill in the application form
- Step 4: Submit your application BEFORE 03.02.2017, 23.59h CET – applications submitted after this date cannot be considered.