I have been writing a lot about fashion lately and this one is another fashion tips am once again bringing to you from the stables of my inner-recess. You can almost trust that these fashion tips and tricks will indeed shock and change your life that you will almost feel like, “Oh gosh! Why am I just seeing this?”
In this article, you will be reading my thoughts as well as the ones from other thought experts in the fashion industry.
Since, my promise in the headline is to shock and change your life with my fashion tips and tricks; I figured that it did in fact make perfect sense to go the route of allowing the advice of other great folks in the industry guide you. I bet you will thank me later for sharing this with you.
So here are my 26 powerful fashion tips and tricks:
1. Despite what it says on the tag, cashmere is best washed by hand. To dry it, use a salad spinner, which releases excess water in seconds.
2. Use white wine to remove red wine stains.
3. Wash new jeans twice before taking them to the tailor. Why? Because jeans will always shrink in length when washed.
4. To stop angora or mohair from shedding, fold the garment and place it into a zip-top bag and freeze it for at least three hours.
5. Remove odors from vintage or thrift clothing by spritzing them with a mixture of one part vodka, two parts water.
6. “Remove white deodorant marks from a garment by gently rubbing the protective foam used on hangers against the fabric.” — Jonathan Simkhai, designer
7. If you get an oil stain on your favorite handbag, coat the mark with baby powder and let it stand overnight. By morning, the stain should be gone. If a bit still remains, repeat the process until the stain is completely gone.
Read this: Roundup – 11 Fashion Bloggers Shares their Number 1 Fashion Tip
8. “Always organize your clothes going light to dark from left to right in your closet. Your eye will follow the color and thus help you stay organized.” — Melanie Charlton Fascitelli, Founder, Clos-ette and Clos-ette Too.
9. “If you don’t have time to try on jeans in the store, try the Neck Method: You can determine your size by placing the waistline of the jeans around the diameter of your neck. If the waistline of the pant comfortably meets at back of your neck, then the jeans will fit.”— Sarah Ahmed, Creative Director, DL1961 Premium Denim
10. Cut down your closet by 25% by asking yourself this one question: “If I were shopping right this second, would I buy this?” If the answer’s no, out it goes. — Melanie Charlton Fascitelli, Founder, Clos-ette and Clos-ette Too
11. A useful style tip: While fake designer bags are a huge don’t, fake diamond studs are a huge do. Faux stones are hard to spot to the untrained eye.
12. “Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press.” — Althea Harper, Designer and Rowenta Brand Ambassador
13. Shopping for a wedding dress or another big-event outfit? Head to the store with makeup on, proper undergarments, and your hair semi-done to get a better sense of how it’ll look.
14. To stretch tight shoes, fill two freezer bags with water and place into each shoe. Let it freeze overnight. As the water freezes, it’ll gently expand your shoes.
15. Revamp an old coat by swapping out the buttons and having a tailor replace the lining with something eye-catching, like a pattern or a bright color.
16. To stop squeaky shoes, remove the insole and apply Vaseline or WD-40 before replacing it.
17. Always dry-clean coats before storing them, and place on cedar hangers inside cloth garment bags. This preserves the fabric and keeps moths away.
18. Everyday bras should be replaced every three to six months, as that’s when they start to lose elasticity and support.
Do you like to shop? Check this: The Top 50 Online Shops In The UK
19. Ideally, a pencil skirt should hit just at the top of your knee. Any lower and it will start to shorten your leg.
20. Pants a bit too tight? Let them air dry and stretch the waistband by hand (or with a hairdryer) while they’re still damp.
21. Still look chic while showing some skin: If you’re wearing a miniskirt or shorts, cover up on top. If your top is skimpy, go for full-coverage bottoms.
22. Don’t underestimate the power of a well-fitting, stylish winter coat. You can be wearing pajamas underneath and you’ll still look perfectly put together.
23. Fold jeans like a pro: Lay jeans on a flat surface, fold in half from left to right. Grab the stacked jean legs and fold them in half so the hem of the jeans lines up with the waistband. Fold the jeans in half one more time.
24. A good shoemaker can fully rebuild your favorite pair, even if the arch is cracked.
25. To coax a loose thread back into place, gently tug at the stitches to the sides of the pull as well as above and below.
26. There’s nothing cooler than sticking to a signature style you know looks good on you. Slaves to fashion are never chic!
So guys, that’s it. My powerful tips and tricks about how you can improve your fashion sense and look and make sense in the eyes of onlookers and your colleagues at work of course. Be sure to look closely into the things shared, practice them religiously and you’d start to enjoy every bit of my shared points.
Special Thanks to Esther.ng Teams and Sam Adeyinka..
About Author: Sam Adeyinka is a seasoned blogger, a passionate podcaster, a creative writer and a digital marketing strategist who loves teaching young minds how to start, launch, and grow a successful online business. You can download his 0.99cents handbook on Amazon titled “101 Common Blogging Mistakes: And Smart Fixes.”